KingkongkahunaNZ

The tale of a one-way ticket to the other side of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Saturday, September 30, 2006

World Headquarters of the Verb, NZ

There is an inscription by the city to sea bridge on Wellington harbour front that ends by declaring that this is a city of action - 'the world headquarters of the verb'. I kinda like that. There is also a bit about not being here by chance and I kinda like that too. Being half a day ahead of folks back home I feel acutely aware that as my day is drawing to a close theirs is just beginning. They have time to spend which I've already spent, bets to place I've already made, minutes I've already wasted. Certainly makes me ask myself as I climb into bed - what have I done with my life today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home