KingkongkahunaNZ

The tale of a one-way ticket to the other side of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Coral Bay, Perhentian Kecil, Malaysia

I am pleased to announce that I am now a qualified open water suba diver! Spent the whole week diving and finished my PADI yesterday. I had anticipated a huge sense of relief simillar to how I felt after safely completing the tandem free fall i.e. I NEVER HAVE TO DO THIS EVER AGAIN but actually having got over a bit of a panic early on day 2 (Drinking cocktails at a Long Beach bar late into the night before? Guilty) I think I'd like to see what underwater worlds I can explore in NZ. This morning booked my boat back to the mainland. It's the end of the season here and most of the bars on Coral Bay where I've been staying have already shut up shop. Yesterday not long after my last dive a mighty wind came in off the sea and everyone ran for cover. Nothing to do but have a cuppa tea and a little lie down. My room is the last room on the left of the beach and this has suited me just fine - it has a sense of solitiude that I've enjoyed. Had hoped to spend the day reading Murakami on the beach but the weather is not so good. It's overcast and from where I'm sat I can see the surf starting to swell in the bay. Time to pack up and go. Expect to be in NZ come Monday. Love u all, Kingkongkahuna.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aleta Morgan said...

Duder! I'm glad you are having a wicked time so far and that you are safe. Can't wait to hear more tales of your travels. Lots of love.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home