KingkongkahunaNZ

The tale of a one-way ticket to the other side of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Retrospective: Heathrow Airport, UK

And who should I think I see ahead of me in the departures queue at Heathrow? Only a certain ex-girlfriend that's who! That distinctive gait and red dyed hair, I'd recognise her anywhere. Or at least I think I would. As some of my regular listeners will know, departure lounges and me haven't always seen eye-to-eye.
And there was a time when the synchronicity of such an event would have spun my head around. I would have attributed huge significance to such a coincidence. There's me embarking on a new life on the other side of the world but still dragging my baggage through check-in.
But not now. Actually it would have been nice to say hello. Actually I wonder if see wasn't off on her honeymoon - I'm sure I heard she was getting hitched. I didn't see her again in duty free and by boarding time I was beginning to doubt my own mind.
Though on Long beach that first bright day
I'm sure I saw her look away.
And the Monster House in the movie last night
Now what was the name of the man's dead wife?
Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home